Saturday, July 16, 2005

Life on Mars?
Seu Jorge Translation from life aquatic...

All these things that we feel inside
Who can ever understand
All those questions I won't even ask
All those feelings I won't even fight

All those dreams that have slipped away
So many things that have come and gone
If only Future will give me a chance
Then I won't live this life in vain

listen love, no we're not alone
there's a whole world out there waiting for us
in the infinitive blue sky
we might even find life on mars

So come here
Let me taste your tongue
Come on
I want to put my arms around you
Your power from above [i can't traslate this...it literally means "your power comes from the sun above"...it sounds beautiful in Portuguese...]
It'a just what I need

so c'mon let’s live our life
Come on
Or I’ll lose who I want to be
I want to change
for a Life on Mars

guitar...[nice]

All these things that we feel inside
Who can ever understand
All those questions I won't even ask
All those feelings I won't even fight

All those dreams that have slipped away
So many things that have come and gone
If only Future will give me a chance
Then I won't live this life in vain

listen love, no we're not alone
there's a whole world out there waiting for us
in the infinitive blue sky
we might even find life on mars

So come on
Let me taste your tongue
Come on
Or I'll lose who I am
Your power from above [i can't traslate this...it literally means "your power comes from the sun above"...it sounds beautiful in Portuguese...]It'a just what I need

so c'mon let’s live our life
Come on
Or I’ll lose who I want to be
I want to change
for a Life on Mars

...thanks to http://www.stlyrics.com/ for the original lyrics...thanks to Wes A for the fantastic moments...legal!!!

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey I just wanted to say thanks for posting the english translations to Seu Jorge. I'm captivated by the beauty of his songs and the emotion they hold and I don't speak a word of Portuguese. So thanks again, it's great to know what he's actually saying.

8:23 PM  
Blogger Jimmy Mac said...

so much beauty, the portuguese language holds...

2:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

is it not the same as David bowies' lyrics?

7:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seu Jorge's songs take my breath away....and now that I know what he's saying, I'm all the more amazed. Thanks so much for the English translation!

9:31 AM  
Blogger M.E.A.T. said...

thanks for sharing this translation, I've passed them on so others can enjoy also. I'm also getting some cool variations from some of my Brazilian friends.

9:34 AM  
Blogger Daniel DiFranco said...

Good day sir - I was wondering if I could use your translation in something I am working on. Would like to give credit where credit is due.

5:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I wanted to add my thanks for your translations. I am trying to sing this song in Portuguese and it helps so much to know what the words mean, rather than just singing them phonetically wihtout a clue to their meaning.

Grateful regards from Germany

12:31 AM  
Blogger Surbhi Singh said...

I extremely glad to state its an interesting post to peruse I learned new data from your blogs. You are completing an extraordinary activity. Keep it up
Tuition Service Lucknow | Home Tuition Service
Tutor Jobs in Delhi | Home Tutors in Delhi

4:37 AM  
Blogger Sam Dev said...

A tripod is vital as it allows you to capture a sharp and clear picture. Don't think you can create an image that is sharp with your hands! They're affordable today and the purchase of a tripod will greatly improve the end result particularly your portfolio.
issh path

11:32 PM  
Blogger Sam Dev said...

One of the most effective photography tips is not using flash constantly. A lot of people utilize flash for photography since they don't have an idea of what they should do. If you're in an area which is likely to need the usage of a flash however you're using the built-in flash in your camera.
tokla app

11:33 PM  
Blogger Sam Dev said...

change the settings on your camera's white-balance settings, as well as your ISO setting. This can make sure that you not require flash in any way . You can also make use of the clipping path service to edit your photos.
the today talk

11:34 PM  
Blogger Sam Dev said...

It's not a recommendation on photography, however the most effective suggestion is to be helpful by providing critiques to other photographers. Discuss the things you love about the photograph, and in particular the element you think is most striking. The same applies to aspects you don't like about the photo.
clipping path services

11:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home