Tuesday, September 12, 2006

São Gonça
Seu Jorge, from Cru

Pretinha*,
I’ll do anything for your love
I’ll do anything for our own good, my sweet thing
Missing you is my pain
It’s devastating my heart

Don’t you ever doubt that one day I’ll give you the sky
My love together with a ring
So we can get married
At city hall or at the church
If you want
But if not, it’s ok my love

But try to understand
Living in Sao Goncalo, you know how it is
This afternoon there was a traffic jam on the bridge
And I had to walk

I tried to call you
But the phone booth on my street
was broken
My card was empty
But you believe me only if you want

[repeat from the top]

*slang meaning, affectionately, "sweet black girl"...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Muito legal as traduções, estou lendo e adorando!!!!
Eu vi um show dele em Montreal e gostei muito, depois do show e o encontrei e dei um disco da minha banda Gaia. Continue traduzindo pois o trabalho está legal.
andré

11:25 AM  
Blogger lillipez said...

Love reading the translations on your blog. Thank you! I am studying Portuguese on my own, music is helpful.

8:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home