Monday, September 18, 2006

Five Years
Seu Jorge adaptation from Bowie

For a long time I’ve been
living upon the seas
Diving deep
into reefs and corals
My mission in the world:
to study animals
Diving into the darkness
with real dangers before me

So that is why now
that I’m here
nothing will cause me to quit
I can’t sleep
with you in my dreams
I already know your figure
your gaze, so scary

And so I am breathless
I have stayed away so long
And I never get rich
That’s why I scream
Today I will fix you

Over the sea and the horizon
I sit admiring the dock
When the wind sits still
everything is peace
This is the path I’m on
And I don’t know how long it’s been

I can no longer make sense
of the things I believe in
But now I have made a higher deal
to sing to you
my sadness and pain
Don’t desert me
Without sweetness but alone

Come live with me
Come be my love

Because I haven’t lived in
Five years
I haven’t seen anything in
Five years
To be in the blue sea is my life for
Five years
To travel from North to South is my luck for
Five years

[repeat last verse]

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's a beautiful version. thanks for the translation!

7:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thank you so much for the translation! you should keep doing more!

10:40 PM  
Anonymous Fellippe Heitor said...

The correct translation of this part:

"But now I have made a higher deal
to sing to you"

(which in Portuguese is "Agora que eu fiz um acorde maior")

is actually:

"But now I have played a major chord to sing to you"

3:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home